Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Good News in Some Markets

It's not all bad news all the time, it just seems that way. I did find a list of ten housing markets that are still thriving. Too bad none of them are in California, which is where I am. 

Here are the top 10 best performing markets in the country:

1. Wenatchee, Wash.: 15.7 percent
2. Provo-Orem, Utah: 14.35 percent
3. Grand Junction, Colo.: 14.05 percent
4. Ogden-Clearfield, Utah: 13.95 percent
5. Salt Lake City: 13.37 percent
6. Idaho Fall, Idaho: 11.69 percent
7. Austin-Round Rock, Texas: 9.67 percent
8. Beaumont-Port Arthur, Texas: 9.44 percent
9. Asheville, N.C.: 9.44 percent
10. Billings, Mont.: 9.07 percent

It's good to see these markets continue to do well. My colleagues and I often discuss when we think this crisis will end. I had a friend tell me that she saw 30-yr fixed rate mortgages coming down. Those numbers might persuade people to come back into the market. On the other  hand, I do understand why prospective buyers are wary of sinking their savings into a house that might lose value. Still, in the long run, I know this crisis will end, and families will feel safe again buying the home of their dreams.

No comments: